Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I used to have a brain

Since becoming a mother, I have become a bit of a space cadet. I have a theory that when you are pregnant, your children eat half your brain. So after three pregnancies, I am convinced I am operating on about an 8th of the brain I used to have. The other day was a perfect example, I was in Walmart with the boy and Miss M. We went in the bathroom and I noticed urinals. My first thought was, "huh, why are urinal's in the women's room." Then I thought, "you idiot, you are in the men's room." So I walk out and of course, I was in the men's room. Thankfully, there were no men in there.

I have also recently thrown dirty clothes in the trash and diapers in the hamper (I realized it a second after I did it) and left home without my purse (but of course not the diaper bag!) Then there is my favorite. I have on several occasions loaded the kids in the car, gotten in the driver seat, started to go in reverse when I hear a bump. I get out and there is my stroller. Thankfully, I haven't murdered it yet just bumped it.

Of course, I know the real reason I am so spacey is the lack of sleep combined with the mix of crying and constant questions from my three year old. Not to mention having to keep up where each of the older two are at every moment. What spacey things have you done since becoming a mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment