Saturday, May 15, 2010

Easy Dinner options

For some reason,  the dinner hour tends to be insane around my house. All of my kids are cranky but especially Little Miss M who at 8 weeks is teething and has acid reflux. So if I cook, I tend to hear a lot of screaming. So meals I can just throw in the oven and not have to do much at actually dinner time are the best. One option is the crockpot and I love them but recently I have become a big fan of frozen prepared meals.  There are two different type of options, both of which I love.

First is Schwan's Frozen food. I love them because not only are there meals pretty good, but they come right to your door! Their food can be a little pricier than typical frozen food but it is still cheaper than takeout. They have everything from prepared meals, breads, ice cream and even frozen meat and vegtables. They change their catalog every couple. This has been great with a newborn because it means not having to go to the grocery store for meals.

Another option is meal prep places like Main Dish Kitchen or Super Suppers. There you can either prepare the meals or they can prepare them for you and then you just pick them up. If you don't live right near one, see if they have delivery service to your area. I live in a small town that does not have one but  with Main Dish Kitchen I can order and pick them up at a store that they deliver to.

I also heard that PF Changs has new frozen foods in the stores but I haven't had a chance to check them out.  Do you have any easy dinner options you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment